Forgot password
6921
Admin
Yesterday we came across 1 member playing using an old coupon. I said many times, Carbon fails to do what we asked. So we will have to control things best we can from our end. If you have time to login and play in the games, then there is no reason so say you can not login poker.org to see if you have properly pre-reg.

From here on out, 1,000 points will be deducted from your org account if you use an old ticket to register at Carbon. This will be based on case by case situation pending if you are new or not

It is important that everyone understands this. We know that some of you might be confused as to what is an old coupon vs a new. If you are able to register for a game in the Carbon lobby for one of our weekend games that has not played yet on a Monday, you are using an old coupon. The new coupons for the upcoming weekend cannot appear any sooner than Wednesday after 1pm EDT. That is when registration closes for those games. So let me repeat if you were able to register for a game anytime before that and you are the only one in that game, you are using an old invalid coupon.
4 years ago
 - Edited 4 years ago
#1
Wow, 1,000 points?? That should get people's attention. I understand the reason behind this though, so kudos for taking the bull by the horn and putting some consequences in place for those who purposely abuse this.

4 years ago
#2
Yup 1k in points outta do the trick. Its really not that hard to reg for the games properly. Doesnt seem like much to ask.
4 years ago
#3
6921
Admin
The only way you know if you have extra coupon is if you pre-reg and did not play. When Guru does the updates, your points are returned. But you will still have coupon.

I might give a 50% discount and deduct 500 points if you have a legit excuse. But if you cash in the tourney there will be no mercy.
4 years ago
 - Edited 4 years ago
#4
A
4
Dam, that should definitely get their attention. So far i have only had one ticket i couldn't use because of weather knocking power out, but it was gone before the next weekend game anyway. If i'm not mistaken, the date of issue of the ticket is in the coupon list, should an old one "stick" and not be removed by carbon.
4 years ago
#5
WOW!! way to stick it to em!! go RK go!
4 years ago
#6
Wow 1,000....that would take forever to make up. Hopefully this will get people's attention and have them be a little more aware. I can't imagine anyone doing it on purpose...but it takes all kinds, right? Good job in trying to keep the league as fair and by the rules as possible Poker.org. Keep up the good work!
4 years ago
#7
A
4
That will put a stop to using the old ticks
4 years ago
#8
What if you dont have 1000 ponits??? Then what? Do you owe them or what happens?
4 years ago
#9
6921
Admin
TakinOver (#9) wrote: What if you dont have 1000 ponits??? Then what? Do you owe them or what happens?
if you have 150 points, and the system deducts 1000. Then your account will show up as negative -850. That means you will have to post your ass off untill it gets out of the ( - ) and gets into the ( + ).
4 years ago
#10
6956
Admin
Bottom line DO NOT DO IT!
4 years ago
#11
Its a shame it had to come to this i guess some peeps just wont listen il bet this gets there attention
4 years ago
#12
Thanks RK. Seeing as that I'm new, as well as the rest of my team, I just have a question regarding active play in a Series game. Let's say that a teammate pre-registered at .org and then registered at Carbon to play, but for some unexpected reason, they were either late to the game or they missed it completely. I don't think that's what you're talking about here, but I just want to be clear.
4 years ago
#13
6956
Admin
BearPlay (#13) wrote: Thanks RK. Seeing as that I'm new, as well as the rest of my team, I just have a question regarding active play in a Series game. Let's say that a teammate pre-registered at .org and then registered at Carbon to play, but for some unexpected reason, they were either late to the game or they missed it completely. I don't think that's what you're talking about here, but I just want to be clear.
If they are registered here and do not play at Carbon the points are returned but they might have a coupon left over. They are not permitted to use THAT coupon to registere for the following week unless they pre -register for that week at org.
4 years ago
#14
wingman13 (#14) wrote:
If they are registered here and do not play at Carbon the points are returned but they might have a coupon left over. They are not permitted to use THAT coupon to registere for the following week unless they pre -register for that week at org.
Ok. Got it. Thank you

4 years ago
#15
I understand and think this is a good rule but I think you should take it easy on most people. I only think you should deduct the points if they know there breaking the rule or are told to unregister and dont. I could see a lot of ways that people could accidently play in a game that they think they registered to.
4 years ago
#16
credsfan03 (#16) wrote: I understand and think this is a good rule but I think you should take it easy on most people. I only think you should deduct the points if they know there breaking the rule or are told to unregister and dont. I could see a lot of ways that people could accidently play in a game that they think they registered to.
they should know by now!!! there are enough posts about it!
4 years ago
#17
ROYALKNIGHT (#10) wrote:
TakinOver (#9) wrote: What if you dont have 1000 ponits??? Then what? Do you owe them or what happens?
if you have 150 points, and the system deducts 1000. Then your account will show up as negative -850. That means you will have to post your ass off untill it gets out of the ( - ) and gets into the ( + ).
LOL.....OMG I LOVE IT !
4 years ago
#18
Yup i was sick.....that i missed having points to play this last weekend in time to register. Lesson learnedMost members play with honor....this measure only effects those that don't. A necessary evil. I'm sorry RK that someone would put you in this position. ty sir for your service to this community.
4 years ago
#19
Its sad you have to do this newbees old old vets knows the rules but there a few that make there own rk ty for posting this and gl to the next member that thinking there being funny
4 years ago
#20
I thought Carbon had the ability to put time restraints on how long a coupon is valid for. Like make it good for a couple of hours after the last tournament of the weekend. Just my thoughts, maybe Admin could check and see if this is possible. Take care Y'all.
4 years ago
#21
dragracer (#21) wrote: I thought Carbon had the ability to put time restraints on how long a coupon is valid for. Like make it good for a couple of hours after the last tournament of the weekend. Just my thoughts, maybe Admin could check and see if this is possible. Take care Y'all.
Carbon is too lazy to mess with it, I believe they have been told numerous times.
4 years ago
 - Edited 4 years ago
#22
J
So if i understand this correctly, if you register on this site with points and Carbon issues a ticket but for whatever reason don't play in the game, your ticket remains available on Carbon but your site points are returned. why not leave the Carbon ticket out there & don't return the site points?

Another question - if the above happens and you then register for the next week, how do you select the "right" ticket to play with?
4 years ago
#23
Very good idea that will make anyone think twice about doing it.
4 years ago
#24
Yea a 1000 points will definitely do some damage if you play old coupons. To try and get 1000 points paid off will be tough and you would be lucky to even play another tournament this season unless you posted everyday for a month and maybe then you might have enough to buyin for a tournament. I think 1000 points is more than fair. Im pretty sure that will get people to do the right thing.
4 years ago
#25
Post Reply
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
T
J
Q
K
A
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
T
J
Q
K
A
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
T
J
Q
K
A
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
T
J
Q
K
A
You can earn up to 5 Club Points by posting a reply!
Poker.org, all its content and stylized poker logos are registered, trademarked and protected by international copyright law. All Rights Reserved. © 2017