Lock Poker to acquire the Cake Poker Network
Lock Poker continues to expand and has announced plans to acquire the Cake Poker Network. The network will be rebranded to Revolution Gaming once the takeover is complete.
Lock Poker has once again stirred the waters of the online poker market with the announcement of plans to acquire the entire Cake Poker Network.

The plans were revealed in a press release to Pokerfuse today, and point to a process which includes rebranding of the network to a new independent entity called Revolution Gaming.

The takeover is expected to be completed by June 1, with all existing Lock Poker players being transferred to the new network on May 31.

Lock Poker was formerly a Cake Poker Network skin, but currently runs as a skin on the Merge Gaming Network. It will now be leaving Merge to launch Revolution Gaming.

All existing Cake skins will also be incorporated into the new brand, but clients will not be affected as the new network is launched.

{review 109 right}"Merge was a great stepping stone for us, but we have outgrown them," Jennifer Larsson, CEO of Lock Poker, said.

"We really need to forge our own path to continued success. The only way to do this is to stay true to our core philosophy; partnering with our players," she added.

Lock Poker has also been attracting new blood on the player side in recent months, and most recently with the signing of Annette Obrestad as the newest Lock Poker pro.

Obrestad and her fellow teammates like Melanie Weisner and Chris Moorman will continue to work with the company, but will in the future be presented as Revolution Gaming pros.
45 years ago
Wow....so much for the things Calvin Ayre said... Lock is booming
536
Ahhh geez. I have a bunch of accounts across the Cake network. I hope there isn't too much trouble getting all the funds transferred correctly. We'll see how smoothly the transfer of skins goes. This will make things interesting in a few weeks! This is actually the first time I've been excited for online poker as a US player in the past 6 months or more. This could be great (or a flop) as a small stakes tourney player.

Lock Poker ruless

2 years ago
What is it threatened? Traffic Merge crashes? Games will be enough?

Del

- Edited 2 years ago
I always liked the cake network over merge. I hope we go back and play at Lock in the future with our league.
Reply to ROYALKNIGHT
536
Agree, ROYALKNIGHT, I'd love to see league games back on Lock. I always liked the Cake network, and Lock has always been one of the better Merge rooms. Lots of player liquidity there and better cashouts than other Merge rooms -- hopefully this carries over to the Cake network going forward!
 - Edited 2 years ago
Well maybe i better download lock , i use to have it hope i can remember my login info, i`
K
So I can currently play on Lock because it's on merge network, After this change, will I not be able to play (I can't play on Cake because of geographical reasons and laws)
Reply to maxjones1234
Itll change to revolution gaming so maybe youll be ok

2 years ago
Makes sense after merge cancelled that big series on them, dont blame em one bit either.
2 years ago
However, network cake needed something new.The things did not quite moved there, quite a few tournaments,too little offers to attract players.
 - Edited 2 years ago
1139
I have never play on lockpoker but have been wanting to play on it one of the few big poker site i have not try yet. Only one thing i hope that minimum withdrawal would not be as high as cake it should be within $ 30 then fine its good n within $ 20 even more good.
2398
T
Interesting I know I get better cards on cake network not as much riverkill for sure.
2 years ago
I do looking forward to see Lock Poker and the new network they will make.

2 years ago
Interesting news indeed. As far as I know they are also planning to upgrade the sotware.
496
T
Have several accounts on the Cake Network so hope I can transfer my cash. Need to open account at Lock first.

2 years ago
Cake Poker skin use Lock Poker.Why dont new skin play.I guess close account or privacy something happen there
For me, Its strange ...

1 room have money or possibility to invest for buy a network ??? After so many...merge ?
2 years ago
This news is very strange, one poker room, I buy every poker network.

Happened, with Lock Poker, it work on the Merge network or Cake?

Has few months CakePoker network are disappearing or inetgrandolas some poker rooms, as RedBagPoker, BurroPoker, Poker4Green, Unabomber and I think some other but I have not heard.

These rooms integrated into the ColtPoker. I found out because I have these 4 room account that joined ColtPoker, it turns out,

I have 5 in ColtPoker few.

Although I have written and told me that my balance would be merged into one, are more than 20 days and not happened.
I hope the hiso LockPoker purchase, everything is working correctly and to improve.
 - Edited 2 years ago
This is interesting
2 years ago
Wow this is huge move from the lock poker room,it will be a boom if this this will happen.I play more on lock poker then cake poker so its a good thing
2 years ago
I'm not sure how to best approach this.
Any suggestions?

I have three Cake Network skins (Cake, Colt, and Intertops) with balances at each.
I do not have an account at Lock.

Should I open an account at Lock now, before the consolidate accounts?
If nothing else I could play the 14 days of new depositor freerolls.

Does anyone have feelings on how Lock will handle any tournament tickets you are holding at the current Merge skin? Will they be converted to cash?
1139
I am still waiting to play on both Cake Poker and Lock Poker. I have been member of Cake Poker since almost 6 month and logged in atleast 20 time but no freeroll for pay normally i would make deposit but if withdrawal limit is reduce i hope this is not case in Lock Poker or would not play there either minimum deposit and minimum withdrawal shud be low and left as option for player if they want make more deposit yes or no.
T
A
T
J
Q
K
A
You can earn up to 2.5 Club Points by posting a comment!
Poker.org, all its content and stylized poker logos are registered, trademarked and protected by international copyright law. All Rights Reserved. © 2014