Phil Galfond looking to sell famous New York bachelor pad
Phil "OMGClayAiken" Galfond has put up his famous New York bachelor pad for sale, he reveals in a new video blog. The flat is never used by anyone and is therefore too expensive to keep, he says.
Phil "OMGClayAiken" Galfond has released a new video blog on his philgalfond.com website.

In the video, Galfond discusses his latest downswing at the online PLO tables, saying that he has now lost $580,000 over his past two sessions.

"It was crazy, I lost like $340,000, and I was bummed, but that was fine. Then a game started up again, and very quickly this time I lost another $240,000. It wasn't fun," he said, adding that he tries to not get too stressed out about the bad run.

"The money aside, it's losing that makes me feel bad. It just doesn't feel nice to lose."

The nosebleed icon also discussed his plans to sell his famous bachelor pad in New York City.

The apartment caught the eye of the general public once it was revealed that Galfond had a slide installed from one level to the other.

However, after Galfond moved to Canada to be able to play online poker, the flat has become an expensive surplus asset, and it will now be sold on to someone else.

"I am selling my place in New York because I don't know when I will be able to live there full time again, and it's pretty expensive," Galfond said.

"Nobody's living there. I considered renting it out, but I don't really like the thought of someone living there. If I move back to New York I can find another place," he added.

Besides talking about his plans for the near future, Galfond also discussed his approach to bankroll management, among other things revealing that his recent bad run ended up costing him all the money left on his PokerStars account.

See the full video blog, aptly called "Sometime I lose", on Galfond's website here.
45 years ago
T
His video is called sometime i lose..... ok, well thats part of poker, and mr. bankroll management should never have played nosebleed stakes and then start selling real estate properties in new york. I mean the life of a cash game poker player at the highest stakes is a joke, look at the swings, overnight being down $600,000 thats what an average american will make in 15 years in a job after taxes. i dont know i just feel its sad that people dont get it.
2 years ago
Reply to nitulbhatia
He's not selling his place in NY bcuz he's broke. He's selling it because he has no use for it and it's costing him money to maintain it. As for the lifestyle of a high stakes player being a joke...well, it's his choice, his money, his life, and he happens to be one of the best players in the world. It's definitely not for the faint of heart but the guy is young and really good at what he does. You don't win $8M online unless you're among the world's best. Downswings are inevitable in his line of work. This is not his first and certainly won't be his last. To call his chosen profession a joke is going a little too far. I could make arguments for any profession on why it's a "joke".
2 years ago
Reply to nitulbhatia
T
BoyA we are entitled to our own perceptions and judgements on whether high stakes swings are a nice way to make a living, i believe they are not, you seem to be of the opinion that its all good so thats fine, we can both agree to disagree, no hard feelings, just sharing my opinions on the matter, chill.
2 years ago
Reply to nitulbhatia
No hard feelings at all. I just hope you're not one to look for poker advice from guys that are wildly successful at it.
2 years ago
Reply to nitulbhatia
2 years ago
Reply to nitulbhatia
Phil Galfond has never been one of my favorite poker pros, but after watching the video at least I feel a little sympathetic towards the guy.
2 years ago
Ok guys, go watch his video blog here of Galfond busting his Stars account http://www.philgalfond.com/sometimes-i-lose/ and then maybe you won't feel too bad about your badbeats and swings.
2 years ago
He could give the flat to me. I'd at least do something with it.

2 years ago
I would love that pad. It has an amazing slide. It's a little bit ridiculous that have it though and not even live there.
2 years ago
A
T
J
Q
K
A
You can earn up to 2.5 Club Points by posting a comment!
Poker.org, all its content and stylized poker logos are registered, trademarked and protected by international copyright law. All Rights Reserved. © 2014