I am a 42-year-old amateur poker player, played live off and on for over 15 years, ten years online. I live in New Orleans and have not played much since Hurricane Katrina flooded my city. My favorite game is 7 Card Stud and Omaha. You can often see me make final table videos of the Poker League here at Poker.org.
Here I will keep posted with individual scores only.
I wont do the teams because if there is team movement my scores will be wrong.
I have included so far 4 sheets and will add more like $ winners when I have the time to do so. I will most of the time wait til Guru's
- Sheet 1 -- unofficial overall leaderboard
- Sheet 2 -- top 9 final table players
- Sheet 4 -- Trophy winners
- Sheet 5 -- $ winners
- Sheet 8 -- Teams unofficial overall score
- Sheet 3 - Unofficial scores up to Game #25 ( Teams )
- Sheet 6 - Unofficial scores up to Game #25 ( Singles )
If the original schedule had ran with no problems with the cancelled and make-up games, the season would have been officially over on Dec. 15, 2012. But by adding the games the season was stretched to Jan. 20, 2013. We have four games remaining until this season ends. The Winter Series III is taking a break from Dec. 16, 2012 and will resume on Jan. 12, 2013.
Due to Christmas and New Years, Guru
won't be around much. So if anyone is trying to contac them, try waiting til after the New Year holiday. I am sure they will have a back log of pms to sift through.
It has been am very interesting season for a lot of new members who has played their first season with poker.org. A few has made a name for themselves by either being in the top 10 of the leaderboard
, winning trophies or has made a significant amont of $$. The official leaderboard has not been updated for the four games, Dec. 8, 9, 15, and 16. But I have done my own personal list of trophy winners and money winners.
- Trophy Winners >> HERE <<
- $$ Winners >> HERE <<
- Final Tables Winter Series III >> HERE <<
The team leaderboard is pretty much looks in favor of POKERALL'S
team which is BULLETS KILLS COWBOYS
. who will most likely take 1st. The 2nd and 3rd place will he a duel fight with those who are close in the points race.
has made the most final tables this season with 6.
I hope you all have a safe Holiday and see you all when we resume the season in January.
moved down to 3rd after holding 1st place in the first 3 games in the leaderboard
. There has been a lot movement in the leaderboard. TakinOver
has been playing very good and taken the lead with 470 points followed by trubton444
Game #4 Saturday Oct. 6, 2012
Game #5 Sunday Oct 7, 2012
- 151 pre-reg but 135 showed up to play. It was a good day for PetarPro as he wins the gold. His third overall gold which he ties 2nd with three other players ( MichFran, crazzvette, and Dante572 ) in the Hall of Fame.
- Poker YourMomsFace captures the team gold. Followed by KNIGHTS II with silver and Swollen Collons with the bronze.
- 142 pre-reg but 133 played. Last season's 2nd place winner SofaKing took down the gold trophy. His second overall event win.
- Takes Money 2 Make Money captures the team gold. Followed by PokerHighs with Silver and Bullets Kills Cowboys with the bronze.
Players that made the top 20 and cashed that weekend on Oct 6 and 7 were, SofaKing
, and pokeryall
Game #6 Saturday Oct. 13, 2012
Game #7 Sunday Oct. 14, 2012
- 134 pre-reg with only 116 showing up. Winning the gold was a newcomer playing his first game MasterOfDisaster.
- Bullets Kills Cowboys wins the team gold trophy. Followed by Villains 2 with the silver trophy and FPCommunity with the bronze trophy.
- 130 pre-reg with only 119 showing up to play. Winning the gold was RickyGini. Only his second game played.
- We Are One wins the team gold trophy. Followed by Takes Money 2 Win Money with the silver trophy and Poker Crazy, Eh? with the bronze trophy.
Players that made top 20 and cashed that weekend on Oct 13 and 14 were TakinOver
, and Brann6
There was some players upset with the way Dante572
was playing and winning. Calling him luckbox and stuff. This is a free league and there are no pros amongst us. If his style of play can win him $ and trophies then he must be doing something good.
Bear in mind before putting down another member, Guru has made a response to this thread
Final table videos for game #4, 6 and 7 along with the trophy winners and $ winners can be found in my other blog >>> here
I have some free time and decided to write a blog with the first three games we had in the Winter Weekend Series III
poker league, while it is fresh in my head.
When poker.org launched their first league game 2 years ago in Oct. 2010 it was called Winter Weekend Series. It was played at two sites ( Playersonly
- merge ; PowerPoker
- cake ) The very first game
only had 11 players. I took 2nd and it was a nice payday for me. Then the members grew from there.
Moving along to Winter Series III
, It has grown at least 30% since the past season where we played Spring Series II
. We averaged around 99 players where it payed only the top 10 spot. Now that we surpassed the 100 player mark and average 130 players per game, it pays top 20 spot.
I usually record the final table and post it for you all to watch. But due to my busy schedule I asked someone to do it for me. He got the very first game recorded but the next two did not happen due to his computer malfunction. Sorry.
OK, now to game #1. on Sept. 23, 2012
There was 146 pre reg for this event. Only 121 showed up and played due to various reasons. One reason being a few had their ID spelled wrong in their profile. A new member playing his very first game in the league named onedesperatebet
took home the Gold for individuals. That is very very hard to due and very rarely has been done. I think it has been done maybe 4 or 5 times. The top 9 players count towards the Hall of Fame
Final table thread can be read >>> here
Now to game #2 on Sept. 29, 2012
There was 153 pre reg for this event. Only 134 showed up. One member did what I have not seen been done in the entire league since launch. That is win the Gold on his very second try back to back. There has been some back to back winners in the past, but not on their 2nd game. onedesperatebet
had made a name for himself here, lets see if he can continue his legacy like y2icon
Final table thread can be read >>> here
Now to game #3 on Sept. 30, 2012
There was 143 pre reg for this event. And there was 136 that showed up. There was 6 no shows. A player named hadina
had massive chip lead and was gobbling up chips like the game PACMAN gobbling up dots. I was taken out by him. I shoved allin pre flop with
on the small blind to his small raise and he called with
. There was 1 other person in the hand. That hand can be seen >>> here
I thought for sure hadina
was gonna take down the gold. But TakinOver
did just what his ID says. He took over the lead and took the Gold for that event.
Final table thread can be read >>> here
I will try to keep an update on who is winning alot in the league and how many trophies they win. Here is my blog for that.
I also want to give a shout out to team Swollen Colons
for winning 2 gold team trophies out of three events. They swept the weekend gold team trophy this past weekend.
Also to 6betur5bet
. He played two games this season and placed 6th on both back to back this past weekend.
And dont forget about the women in our league. They been doing very good cashing in the top 20 and some even making it to the final table.
Thanks for taking the time and reading my blogs.
OK Folks, Here I will try to keep up to date the winners and final table videos.
Due to my busy schedule, I will try to keep things in order and up to date.
- Here <<<< is the Trophy Winners
- Here <<<< is the $ Winners
- Video <<< Game #1 Sunday Sept 23, 2012 ( onedesperatebet )
- NO Video *** Game #2 Saturday Sept 29, 2012 (onedesperatebet ) NO VIDEO
- NO Video *** Game #3 Sunday Sept 30, 2012 ( TakinOver ) NO VIDEO
- VIDEO <<< Game #4 Saturday Oct. 6, 2012 ( PetarPro )
- NO Video *** Game #5 Sunday Oct 7, 2012 ( SofaKing )
- Video <<< Game #6 Saturday Oct 13, 2012 ( MasterOfDisaster )
- Video <<< Game #7 Sunday Oct. 14, 2012 ( RickiTheGini )
I am writting a short blog letting you all know that I am OK. We left 2 days before the hurricane hit to avoid traffic and gs shortage. So glad we did. Cuz there is no power at the area where I live. I am currently in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
If you have been watching the news where they had to rescue lot people in PLAQAMINES PARISH where the water went over the levee, That is 5 minutes where I live. The national guard and rescue people had to rescue alot people. I live in the St Bernard area. I was told we had roof damage and some siding of the house came off. And there is lot down tress and utilities poles. The kids school is cancelled til next Tuesday.
It is flooded very bad in certain areas.
I will try to keep things up to date.
I finally won my 2nd event on Saturday April 28, 2012 In the poker.org Winter Series II League
. With 90 runners and 22 teams on that day. It was an epic win I must add too. I sucked out on alot people to get my victory. I even took some myself. I had a good run of cards late after the 2nd break. And on top of that, my team KNIGHTS
did very good winning 2nd. We had 7 members play, with 5 of us went deep.
My luck began at hand 55 when I sucked out with
I spiked an
on the river to win a $3427 pot. That hand can be seen >> here
I made some hard to fold hands along the way. Like this one on hand #89 where I had
in the SB. I ususally play this, but my gut feeling told me to fold. It was a good fold. I would have lost against
if I had called. Here is that hand >> here
Moving along to the final table., I finally get there with team mate BRADYboy
. I manage to build my stack to $15,377 avoiding some badbeats if I had called some of the good hands I folded. Here is the chip stack at the final table with ten players.
- emk4976- $50,429
- twinkies777- $29,810
- Shice T-$6960
I didnt think I had a chance looking at the stacks compared to mines. I did not recognize three names, so when I went to look at thier profile, I saw it was their first time playing. Thats amazing getting to the final table on thier first try in our poker league.
was the first to go out when his
got sucked out to Shice T
hitting a straight on the river. BRADYboy
went out shortly after that hand.
picked up a good stack after taking out twinkies777
held up over
but shortstack SHICE T
won the side pot in 3 way action. That hand can been seen >> here
I ran into the kitchen and went to get me something to drink. But I was too late when my hand timed out and folded
. Boy was I pissed. I had good position to shove allin. Here is that folded hand >>here
My stack was shrinking while some others were building. I finally got a playable hand with
and went allin with $7,077. There were six of us left and I was in last place. My hand holds up flopping a pair. I nearly triple up with the pot and blinds at 20K. >> Here
<< is that hand
Sitting in last place again with 20K, with 5 of us left at this point I make a brave move and shove allin with
monster stack 70K. He snap calls with
in the BB. He flops an
. I have a nut flush draw and hit a heart on the turn to win the hand and double up. I can just imagine how pissed off he is at this moment. At the same time I was yelling wooooooohooooooooo
). That hand is >> here
<< That put me in 2nd place chip lead with 45K stack.
Here is the Chip stacks on our third break
- graven29- $46,168
- ROYALKNIGHT- $46,158
- 6betur5bet- $22,603
- pocketaces240- $15,824
As we resume after the break, 6betur5bet
blinds out. The four of us were nearly dead even with at least 42K. There was four of us left until I had this hand
. I flop 2 pair to take out graven29
and double my stack to 79K. The hand is >> here
It came down to three and another one of my suck out hands to take pocketaces240 out. He had
. He flopped a nut straight and I hit trips on the turn, and made a full house on the river. The board was
( SICK BEAT THERE
) That hand is .>>here. <<
Now its heads up. I am with a 3 to 1 chip lead with 136K vs 40K. Moving along to the final hand.
. I flop trips and hitting a full house on the river. It was a tuff battle with the players at the final. But that day was my day, as I was getting good hands and sucking out on a few good hands. That hand is >> here
I was excited to win my 2nd gold and my team winning Silver. As a team we moved up to 2nd in the Hall of Fame
with 22 team trophies. My team members finished.>> Here
<< is that days event.
- ROYALKNIGHT- 1st
- BRADYboy- 9th
- LeanAndMean- 12th
- gametime74- 13th
- KarmaKing- 16th
- jimmyd1953poker- 56th
- gianluca- 79th
Also for those who want to see the final tables. Here is a blog
with them. They are about 40min long. But you can fast forward them. They look better watching them in DIVX player.
Thanks everyone for reading my blogs
I went to Harrah's casino last night and decided to play some 1/5 No Limit since the badbeat jackpot is around 30K. I bought in for $300 which is all I was gonna risk this session. The average table stacks was around $500. After playing for 2 hours going back and forth and I get stack up to $500. Then the worst thing just happen to me.
I been watching the guy to my right playing some what tight. I am in seat #3 and he was in seat #2. Guy in seat #7 was a semi loose aggressive player. I knew the guy in #7 seat like some action and would raise often in any position. And in showdowns he would show medium pocket pairs.
Here is how this action went down that made me call it the night. Blinds out I am on the button. Guy in #2 seat raises UTG to $75. Guy in the cutoff calls. Me in the BB with AK raise $175 Seat #2 calls. Now the guy in the cutoff position sits there for 4 minutes thinking and starts talking away, blah, blah blah. Then looks at our stacks. At that moment I said this guy is gonna shove to take the blinds. Well he did go allin $445. That was all is money. I was furious putting him on pocket QQ. I instanst call leaving me less than $62. I shudda have just sent that in the pot too. lol. The gut UTG sits there a few minutes hesitating to call. Knowing he liked the action and has around 1K sitting in front of him. He calls.
Dealer ( ME )
Here is how the flop went.
. I checked he checked. Turn
I checked again he checked. River
. We checked and showed our cards. I was sick to my stomach to see both their hole cards and to lose to someone who I never thought would make a move like that. Guy in #2 seat in the cutoff position won a big pot $1300. He tried stealing the blinds which worked out for his hand.
It will be awhile before I go back to NL. I will stick to limit 1-4-8-8 when playing for the badbeat jackpots for now on like I usually do.
After an exhausting Easter Sunday, I didnt play much poker. I was bored so I decided to make a video with my team. Tell me what yall think about it. It took me long hours doing it.
Here I will add the videos of the final tables and stuff.
- Video KNIGHTS TEAM
- Viedo KNIGHTS Re-Make
- Video How League Scores Are Done
- Video Game #1 Spring Series II April 1, 2012 Final Table ( Auxerre )
- Video Game #2 Spring Series II April 7, 2012 Final Table ( elmo72 )
- Video Game #3 Spring Series II April 8, 2012 Final Table ( Dante572 )
- video Game #4 Spring Series II April 14, 2012 Final Table ( trubton444 )
- Video Game #5 Spring Series II April 15, 2012 Final Table ( donkinbuck )
- Video Game #6 Spring Series II April 21, 2012 Final Table ( BRADYboy )
- Video Game #7 Spring Series II April 22, 2012 Final Table ( PetarPro )
- Video Game #8 Spring Series II April 28, 2012 Final Table ( ROYALKNIGHT )
- Video Game #9 Spring Series II April 29, 2012 Final Table ( nutbreaker )
Video Game #10 Spring Series II May 5, 2012 -CANCELLED
- Video Game #11 Spring Series II May 6, 2012 Final Table ( dudira )
Video Game #12 Spring Series II May 12, 2012 - CANCELLED Video Game #13 Spring Series II May 13, 2012 - CANCELLED
- Video Game #14 Spring Series II May 19, 2012- Final Table ( gianluca40 )
- Video Game #15 Spring Series II May 20, 2012 Final Table ( complex1 )
- Video Game #16 Spring Series II May 26, 2012 Final Table ( TakinOver )
- Video Game #17 Spring Series II May 27, 2012 Final Table ( MrPokerVerse )
Video Game #18 Spring Series II June 2, 2012coupon error Video Game #19 Spring Series II June 3, 2012 coupon error
- Video Game #20 Spring Series II June 9, 2012 Final Table ( Tzest0s )
- Video Game #21 Spring Series II June 10, 2012 Final Table ( trubbluffer )
- Video Game #22 Spring Series II June 16, 2012 Final Table ( PetarPro )
- Video Game #23 Spring Series II June 17, 2012 Final Table ( AAChipMagnet )
- Video Game #24 Spring Series II June 23, 2012 Final Table ( ARWEN )
- Video Game #25 Spring Series II June 24, 2012 Final Table ( SofaKing )
- Video Game #26 Spring Series II June 30, 2012 Final Table ( muck )
- Video Game #27 Spring Series II July 1, 2012 Final Table ( AdiGBN )
Video Game #28 Spring Series II July 7, 2012 CANCELLED Video Game #29 Spring Series II July 8, 2012 CANCELLED
- Video Game #30 Spring Series II July 14, 2012 Final table ( vali1212 )
Video Game #31 Spring Series II July 15, 2012 CANCELLED
- Video Game #32 Spring Series II July 21, 2012 Final Table ( Giancarlos )
- Video Game #33 Spring Series II July 22, 2012 Final Table ( POKERYALL )