Daily news from poker and online poker world
- The Nightly Turbo: Phil Galfond's Blog, David Baker Leads GPI Player of the Year, and MorePhil Galfond submitted a new blog entry, and David "ODB" Baker took the lead in the Global Poker Index Player of the Year race.
- 2012 WSOP: A Look at the Biggest Poker Hands From the Main EventWe take a look at various hands from the seventh week of the 2012 WSOP that have were either highly entertaining, a turning point or just plain sick.
- Jesse Sylvia, 2012 World Series of Poker Main Event Final Table Chip LeaderAn interview with Jesse Sylvia, a member of the 2012 World Series of Poker Main Event October Nine
- .Download The Free PokerNews Mobile App And Find The Latest Titan Treasure Hunt PasswordUse the superb PokerNews Mobile App to discover the password for the latest Titan Treasure Hunt freeroll
- Revisit The Poker770 7 Weekend Wonders And Win A Share Of $10,500The $10,500 Poker770 7 Weekend Wonders makes a return on July 27. Make sure you do not miss out on this fantastic promotion.
- Greg Merson, 2012 WSOP Gold Bracelet Winner, Looks to Add Main Event Bracelet to CollectionAn interview with Greg Merson, a member of the 2012 World Series of Poker Main Event October Nine.
- PokerStars Announces Schedule for 2012 World Championship of Online PokerPokerStars unveiled the preliminary schedule for the 2012 World Championship of Online Poker.
- 2012 World Series of Poker Main Event Final Tablist Steven Gee in the Middle of the PackAn interview with Steven Gee, a member of the 2012 World Series of Poker Main Event October Nine.
- Jake Balsiger Could Become the Youngest Winner of the World Series Of Poker Main EventAn interview with Jake Balsiger, a member of the 2012 World Series of Poker Main Event October Nine.
- Antonio Esfandiari, Big One for One Drop Winner, Inks Sponsorship Deal with 3Bet ClothingAntonio Esfandiari inks sponsorship deal with 3Bet Poker Clothing.
This page is dedicated to poker strategy. Here you can find articles about how to play poker successfully. For professionals and beginners, as well.
- 2011 WSOP November Niner Sam Holden's Advice on Playing Day 3 of the Main Event2011 World Series of Poker November Niner Sam Holden's advice on getting through Day 3 of the WSOP Main Event.
- 2010 WSOP November Niner Filippo Candio's Advice on Getting Through Day 2 of the Main Event2010 WSOP November Niner Filippo Candio gives advice to get through Day 2 of the Main Event.
- 2011 World Series of Poker Player of the Year Ben Lamb Gives Poker Tournament AdviceBen Lamb gives advice on playing in the World Series of Poker Main Event.
- Strategy with Kristy: Jared Tendler Discusses WSOP Mental GameJared Tendler, author of The Mental Game of Poker, returns to the Strategy with Kristy podcast to discuss how the mental game applies specifically at the WSOP.
- Strategy with Kristy: Melanie Weisner Analyzes Hands from WSOPMelanie Weisner comes on as guest on the latest edition of the Strategy with Kristy podcast to discuss a few interesting hands and also strategy for the $1,500 Ante Only event.
- Strategy with Kristy: John Racener Discusses Pot-Limit OmahaJohn Racener comes on the Strategy with Kristy podcast and discusses pot-limit Omaha.
- Shootout Poker Strategy with Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier, Allen Bari, and MoreShootout poker strategy tips from Bertrand "Elky" Grospellier, Jason Koon, and more.
- Galen Hall Discusses Poker Strategy and the Biggest Mistakes Players Make at 2-7 Draw LowballGalen Hall discusses poker strategy and the biggest mistakes players make in 2-7 Draw Lowball.
- Team PokerStars Pro Jonathan Duhamel Discusses Implied Odds2010 World Series of Poker Main Event winner Jonathan Duhamel breaks down implied odds
- Strategy with Kristy: Jesse Martin Discusses Four-Max StrategyJesse Martin comes on the Strategy with Kristy podcast with host Kristy Arnett and discusses interesting spots at their Day 1 table of Event #9: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em Reentry.
*note to moderator, points for this post are not due as this is already been posted for points in the forum 10 Forum threads that I have found to be useful pertaining to FAQ on poker.org:
- Posting in the forum
- Switching teams
- Getting banned from forum
- Earning points
- Posting hands from Merge
- League: Final game
- Points Refund
- Team Scoring
- League Scoring
- Locked Threads
"Our greatest fear is that
we are inadequate not,
but powerful beyond
that we are..."
Yoda on poker: Using the force of deception
Strong hands are only as good as the pot win they. Strength alone will not big pots win, so the force to deceive one must use. Two ways of playing a strong hand, check raising and slow playing are. To trap opponents good players use these moves, and win more money from them. However, identical they are not. Check raising, with the intention of raising on the same round after an opponent bets is checking your hand. Slow playing, of its strength is playing your hand in a way that gives your opponents no idea. It may be checking, and then just calling an opponent bet they, yet calling a bet from earlier position opponents , be it may. Slow play a hand make you, using deception players keep in hand, while in order to make your move in a later round, you are. Clearly, to be much stronger than a hand you check raise with, a hand you slow play must be. Drive opponents out and may even win the pot right there, check raising can. While slow playing gives opponents either a free card or a relatively cheap card. Yes, hmmm.
Poker Math Fact: When playing a pocket pair of nines, the chance of having no over cards on the flop is only 1 in 5 (20.71%)and it is more likely that the flop will have at least two over cards instead, occurring more than 1 in 3 (34.90%) times.
Happy New Year 2012 !
- - - Example Situation
----Gut shot straight flush draw
---- Improving three-of-a-kind to quads
----- Improving a pocket pair to a set
-----Outside straight flush draw
-----One over card to an over pair
------ Improving two pair to a full house
------ Inside straight draw (gut shot)
------ Pair with an over card to a set or two pair with over card
------Two over cards
------Improving a set to a full house or quads
------Outside straight draw
------ Flush draw
----- Pair with an outside straight draw
------Outside straight flush draw with two over cards
Called off their whole stack on the turn against my set of Kings w/out even a pair, and only 4 outs for a gutshot straight draw, and hits a ten on the river to win the hand, that is a sick donk there. It takes a lot more than skill and good hands to wade through the horrible pool of donks you'll encounter playing in WWS II. Luck must be on your side because good solid poker is just not enough. Good luck to all !