The Asian Poker Tour is teaming with Natural8 to host a $1 million-guaranteed event at the end of the year.. The APT Hanoi Billions 2023 will take place in conjunction with the Vietnam Series of Poker (VSOP) at Hanoi’s National Convention Center (NCC) from December 1 to 10.
The series features a Main Event with a VND 25 billion (~USD $1M) prize pool guarantee for a buy-in of VND 36M (~USD $1,500). The tournament series promises at least VND 60 billion (~USD $2.5M) in total prize money.
Terry Nguyen, the VSOP CEO, commented, “APT Hanoi Billions is going to be the biggest poker event that Vietnam has ever seen. Hanoi’s National Convention Center is where the most important gatherings occur in Vietnam so it’s only appropriate that we make poker history there.”
The VND 12M APT Kickoff begins on December 1 followed by the VND 15M Mystery Millions, sponsored by Natural8, starting December 2.
For those interested in higher stakes, the APT Hanoi Billions 2023 will feature events such as the VND 120M APT Super High Roller – 8 Max, the VND 250M Superstar Challenge, and the VND 80M APT High Roller.
Other events include the VND 10M Sunday Super Stack on December 3 and the VND 12M Mini Main Event from December 9 to 10. The series will also offer a mix of games including mixed games, pot-limit Omaha, No Limit Hold’em variants, and daily High Roller events.
Neil Johnson, APT’s President, said, “We’ve got a tremendous tournament staff offering as much poker as we can squeeze into 10 days in Hanoi.”
VSOP tournament series highlights
Here’s a quick overview of the top events during the series.
- APT Main Event: Dec 4-9 – VND 36M buy-in with VND 25BN prize pool
- APT Kickoff: Dec 1-2 – VND 12M buy-in with VND 3BN prize pool
- Mystery Millions: Dec 2-3 – VND 15M buy-in with VND 5BN prize pool
- APT Super High Roller – 8 Max: Dec 2-3 – VND 120M buy-in with VND 4BN prize pool
- Sunday Super Stack: Dec 3 – VND 10M buy-in with VND 2BN prize pool
- Superstar Challenge: Dec 4 – VND 250M buy-in with VND 4BN prize pool
- Mini Main Event: Dec 9-10 – VND 12M buy-in with VND 3.5BN prize pool
- APT High Roller: Dec 9-10 – VND 80M buy-in with VND 5BN prize pool
You can find a full schedule for the series on the APT website.