While Niagara Falls casinos continue to remain closed in Canada, the story is becoming increasingly different across the border for poker players desperate for an all-in moment.
Seneca Resorts & Casinos is reopening Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino to the public beginning today (Thursday, June 25th) at 10am ET.
The move follows last week’s opening of Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino, much to the chagrin of visitors on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls who can’t yet ante up in the poker rooms of the two Niagara Falls properties.
But it’s not business as usual, including on the felt. Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino reopens with strict health & safety protocols in place to protect guests and team members. That includes limiting slot machines and limiting food and beverage service.
And poker players hoping to ante up in the Niagara Falls area will have to wait. While Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino doesn’t feature traditional No Limit Hold’em cash games or tournaments, players can usually enjoy Three Card Poker, Mississippi Stud, and Ultimate Texas Hold’em table games.
However, as part of its phased reopening, all table games at Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino will remain closed.
Visitors to the Seneca properties in New York State must adhere to the following protocols, as outlined on the website’s “What You Need To Know Before You Go” section, pasted here for your convenience:
• All guests must be 21 years of age or older. No one under 21 will be admitted.
• Patrons are asked to use the valet entrance to enter the casino or enter from the parking garage.
• Every guest and team member must go through the wellness checkpoint (temperature screening). Anyone exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 will be denied entry that day. Anyone registering 100.4 or above temperature will pass through a secondary screening. If the second screening registers a temperature of 100.4 or above, guest and/or team member will be denied entry that day. All temperature screenings will be done with a safe social distance through thermal imaging screeners.
• Facemasks will be mandatory for both guests and team members and must be worn at all times while on property. No mask, no entry. If one doesn’t have a facemask, one may be provided.
• Every guest and team member must use hand sanitizer before entering.
• The venue is operating at reduced capacity in order to maintain social distancing at this time. Guests may be asked to come back at a later time.
• Most restaurants will remain closed, except for The Creek Stop, which will provide grab-n-go options only – no sit-down dining.
• Limited slot machines will be open with social distancing between them. There will be no table games available at this time.
•STIXX Sports Bar will be open. No alcohol will be offered at this time; however, beverage service including water, soda, coffee and tea will be provided. B-LO Bar will remain closed at this time.
• There is no smoking anywhere inside the resort. Smoking will be allowed only in outdoor designated areas and with social distancing. Any guest who goes outside to smoke must go through the wellness checkpoint upon re-entering the building.
• Entrances will also be restricted to maintain safe social distancing and traffic flow through the wellness checkpoints. The valet entrance will be open for walk-in. The parking garage will be available for parking and entering the casino. All other entries will be closed.
• Resort hours of operation will also be limited, with new hours 10 a.m. until 2 a.m. daily.