We love poker. Come be a part of it.

Discussion about all game offerings at ACR.
By wfks
Just copy a Stars structure. Your tournaments take way to long, you can play 7 hours and still not be in the money on a your regular daily tournaments.

You added 4hr late reg tournaments with 6 minute levels? A turbo should be have 1-1.5 hour late reg, it should be finished in 3.

Your 10k-12 min tournaments are not bad structures, why not just change some to a 2 hour late reg. Lower the guarantee if you're afraid.

When lockdown ends you will lose a lot of the rec players they can't play 10 hour tournaments on a week night.
By Varnel Hill
Yeah 4 hr LR is pretty ridic to me for a site that has all of this traffic right now. I would gladly play in tournies with slightly lowered guaranteed amounts that don't take so long to complete. If I do not have a free six hours to burn I do not even bother looking at the tournament lobby.
By sncreg
imo they get it wrong in the sense that blind increases are too small, but yet starting stacks are also too small. It's useless blinds taking ages to increase if you're not deep stacked enough to encourage action cuz everyone's just folding pre anyway.

If you compare average vs mean stacks (or median, whatever it is) between sites, wpn's means are way higher than everyone elses, so if you take a stars game and wpn game both on 500k average chips, the wpn game will have way more stacks at 500k, but stars will have way more on 2m and way more on 100k (exaggerated roughness) so the stars game will finish quicker than the wpn with everyone on a middling stack being a total nit as the next blind level increases by a gnat's cock.

They call one game a "super stack" and you start with 66bbs lmao what the actual???????
By PSCUD
I have a suggestion that would require a software change, but might provide a "best of both worlds" solution.

Let me preface this solution by saying that I like slower structured tournaments in general because I think it reduces variance and allows me more time to use deep-stack/cash game skills, but I agree that needing to dedicate 5+ hours to a tournament just to make it ITM or even to the end of late-reg is too long.

I propose a split structure where during registration there are faster levels and then after registration the levels slow down. You could even split this structure into 3-sections: between registration period, end of reg, and ITM. So a structure could be: 5-min levels during registration, 10 min levels after registration, 12.5 min levels after ITM. This hybrid approach would shorten the overall length of the tournament, but still give you a slower, lower variance structure later in the tournament when it matters most.

Thoughts?
Americas Cardroom welcome package