We love poker. Come be a part of it.

By ACR Rep
mmill18 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:51 pm I'm a new user trying to get on for the first time.
When I open the ACR program on the my PC, the Live Update box comes up, finishes, gets to Unpacking New Version, then an error message pops up: "There was a problem decompressing. Please download the setup file again and install it. (Error: ENOENT:, no such file or directory, stat c:\AmericasCardroom\win"
I've tried downloading the setup several times, uninstalling and reinstalling, restart computer, but nothing changes and I can't get the program to open.
We're working on putting together an installation error collection in this forum. We're not there yet. Without seeing your specific computer, it sounds like it didn't uninstall correct and a folders still exists with americascardroom folders inside it.

My first step is to find that folder and delete it.

Then reinstall the software.
By mmill18
ACR Rep
We're working on putting together an installation error collection in this forum. We're not there yet. Without seeing your specific computer, it sounds like it didn't uninstall correct and a folders still exists with americascardroom folders inside it.

The only folder is the one that the ACR setup creates and I've confirmed that it deletes the whole folder when uninstalled. I had the same result the first attempt and the fifth attempt.
I'm using a pretty new computer so it's easy to see what all is on it.
After rereading the error message, it seems the problem is the absence of a "win" file from the setup package. I created a "win" subfolder in the ACR folder just to try, and that seems to prevent that error message from coming up, but then it just sits on the "Unpacking New Version" box for an infinite amount of time without moving on. so what file should be in that "win" folder that is not installing?
By kansasgrind
ACR Rep wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 pm
mmill18 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:51 pm I'm a new user trying to get on for the first time.
When I open the ACR program on the my PC, the Live Update box comes up, finishes, gets to Unpacking New Version, then an error message pops up: "There was a problem decompressing. Please download the setup file again and install it. (Error: ENOENT:, no such file or directory, stat c:\AmericasCardroom\win"
I've tried downloading the setup several times, uninstalling and reinstalling, restart computer, but nothing changes and I can't get the program to open.

Why are you ignoring the missing money post that were before this one?
By BabyByeByeBye
There's a weird thing when I'm playing cash if I try to bet 2.1-2.3 BBs it does not work but if I then switch to $ and bet the equivalent amount it works. I have not noticed this with any other amount, just specifically 2.1-2.3bbs.

In tournaments if the player in the BB is all in for less than a BB the BB display will get confused and think that's the BB and all stacks and bets convert. Ie., the actual BB is 2,000 but the player is all in for 500, all stacks will increase by a multiple of 4.
By ACR Rep
kansasgrind wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:09 am
Why are you ignoring the missing money post that were before this one?
There's an announcement post in every forum here. I don't resolve customer service issues.
By WPN-Rep12
BabyByeByeBye wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:22 am There's a weird thing when I'm playing cash if I try to bet 2.1-2.3 BBs it does not work but if I then switch to $ and bet the equivalent amount it works. I have not noticed this with any other amount, just specifically 2.1-2.3bbs.

In tournaments if the player in the BB is all in for less than a BB the BB display will get confused and think that's the BB and all stacks and bets convert. Ie., the actual BB is 2,000 but the player is all in for 500, all stacks will increase by a multiple of 4.
thanks ill write this up tomorrow, good stuff.
By bozo7
Had a missing hand history today on a big all-in blitz pot (hand history was not written), first time I have seen it happen, I know it has been a problem in the past but seemed to have been fixed. Hopefully not something to do with the software update today.
By ACR Rep
Hopefully you're right. If you can give me details in a PM about your screenname and your hole cards, I could get the hand number. That will help us troubleshoot.
By mmill18
I'm a new user trying to get on for the first time.
Good news, I was able to get it running!
I tried downloading on another computer and it installed without a hitch. but for my computer...
This may be helpful for future users. I thought there might be a permissions restriction on my machine. for the setup/install program I right-clicked to "Run as an Administrator." I did the same for opening the installed program, and it worked.  
Americas Cardroom welcome package