We love poker. Come be a part of it.

By KawpKoonKup
New Software is decent but pushing my CPU to the limits. I posted this on twoplustwo but copying and pasting it here. Maybe you guys can give me suggestions on what to alter or improve or a time frame on when this will be lessened from WPN's end. Thanks.

i5 2500K CPU at 3.3 GHz 4 Core

16GB Ram

Two older GPU's: AMD Radeon HD 5450 and NVIDIA GTS 450

250 GB SSD Drive

I'm just posting this to say that I also experience really high CPU usage when playing on WPN. I keep my process manager open and this program dwarfs all other processes and other poker clients when I'm multi tabling online. I've spoken with others and they suggest to me a more modern or updated computer will solve the issues but hoping that WPN does something in the meantime. My computer, while quite old now, should still be able to handle online poker client software without the CPU maxing out.
By LOVESN+
I experience the same ridiculously high CPU usage as well. I have a higher end computer and it gets really bad with 6+ tables. Not sure how a poker table is that taxing. It is something that they can hopefully optimize in the future.
By ACR Rep
LOVESN+ wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 pm I experience the same ridiculously high CPU usage as well. I have a higher end computer and it gets really bad with 6+ tables. Not sure how a poker table is that taxing. It is something that they can hopefully optimize in the future.
Details are helpful.

1. Your computer specs.
2. The CPU usage.
By WPN-Rep12
KawpKoonKup wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:07 pm New Software is decent but pushing my CPU to the limits. I posted this on twoplustwo but copying and pasting it here. Maybe you guys can give me suggestions on what to alter or improve or a time frame on when this will be lessened from WPN's end. Thanks.

16GB Ram

250 GB SSD Drive

I'm just posting this to say that I also experience really high CPU usage when playing on WPN. I keep my process manager open and this program dwarfs all other processes and other poker clients when I'm multi tabling online. I've spoken with others and they suggest to me a more modern or updated computer will solve the issues but hoping that WPN does something in the meantime. My computer, while quite old now, should still be able to handle online poker client software without the CPU maxing out.
Someone answered this in 2+2 so I'll just copy paste:

"it uses chromium (made by some google company)..
which is not 'light' on resources lets say, from chromium site: '.. Chrome has a multi-process architecture and each process is heavily multi-threaded.' and that's just normal internet surfing..
so its safe to conclude that 5+ tabling on a 2012 cpu, like the i5 2500k non-multithread someone posted they had, on 2020 chromium versions is eventually gonna have some performance topouts. and if you dont have enough memory.. death.
each table + lobby is pretty much an open active resource/connection consuming tab, ever tried to have 12 chrome tabs tiled playing web games all at the same time for 7 hours straight?
if you are 6+ tabling you needs the high cpu + memories, especially if you like having HUD + chrome with 4 tabs + youtube + a bunch of other **** running in the background. gpu power: meh not that important integrated high end should be more than enough
that being said, im sure there is some resource optimization room, there always is."

He pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Chromium can be processor needy, nevertheless we always look to make improvements in performance.
By coolforummember
+1 CPU usage getting a little high as of late

When playing multiple sites with a few tables each its only ACR taking the bulkload of CPU putting me at 40% between all the ACR processes when viewing process manager

Windows 10, CPU/MOBO bought within last 3 years
By sncreg
I think literally everyone experiences high cpu usage. I mean it's this bizarre software there's no two ways about it. And I don't think it would ever be rectified unless they switched to something completely different. I can have 5-6 other poker clients all running the same time and not one goes over 2-5%, these are nearly 20yr old softwares lol. Mind boggling stuff.

They could go buy microgaming's software who just went under, at least that's snappy and fast in game. meh, I'm dreaming
By sncreg
[quote=WPN-Rep12 post_id=2428 time=1590628168 user_id=82]
[quote=KawpKoonKup post_id=2310 time=1589915276 user_id=3335]
New Software is decent but pushing my CPU to the limits. I posted this on twoplustwo but copying and pasting it here. Maybe you guys can give me suggestions on what to alter or improve or a time frame on when this will be lessened from WPN's end. Thanks.

16GB Ram

250 GB SSD Drive

[/quote]
Someone answered this in 2+2 so I'll just copy paste:

"it uses chromium (made by some google company)..
which is not 'light' on resources lets say, from chromium site: '.. Chrome has a multi-process architecture and each process is heavily multi-threaded.' and that's just normal internet surfing..
so its safe to conclude that 5+ tabling on a 2012 cpu, like the i5 2500k non-multithread someone posted they had, on 2020 chromium versions is eventually gonna have some performance topouts. and if you dont have enough memory.. death.
each table + lobby is pretty much an open active resource/connection consuming tab, ever tried to have 12 chrome tabs tiled playing web games all at the same time for 7 hours straight?
if you are 6+ tabling you needs the high cpu + memories, especially if you like having HUD + chrome with 4 tabs + youtube + a bunch of other **** running in the background. gpu power: meh not that important integrated high end should be more than enough
that being said, im sure there is some resource optimization room, there always is."

He pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Chromium can be processor needy, nevertheless we always look to make improvements in performance.
[/quote]

Only just noticed this post. So then why would take this line of software knowing this would be a massive issue for mass tablers? The answer can only be because you're quite happy for it to have huge complications on regs
Americas Cardroom The Venom