We love poker. Come be a part of it.

By ACRUSER1
WPN-Rep12 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:03 pm
Improvements
- Show all hands at showdown at the table. Mucking is no longer an option.
Can you expand on this a bit? Does this actually mean that in cash and MTTs anytime a routine hand is called on the river both winning and losing hand are immediately shown? :o :? :shock:
By ACR Rep
ACRUSER1 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:19 pm
Improvements
Can you expand on this a bit? Does this actually mean that in cash and MTTs anytime a routine hand is called on the river both winning and losing hand are immediately shown? :o :? :shock:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=378

That is exactly what it means.
By Hall of Fame
"- Players are only able to observe one table at a time."

This definitely makes it more difficult for multi tabling players. Are you trying to discourage multi tabling? What is the point of this?
By WPN-Rep12
Hall of Fame wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:54 am "- Players are only able to observe one table at a time."

This definitely makes it more difficult for multi tabling players. Are you trying to discourage multi tabling? What is the point of this?
answered 5 posts back.
By ACRUSER1
ACR Rep wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:00 pm
ACRUSER1 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:19 pm
Improvements
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=378

That is exactly what it means.
No other cardroom online or live does this, and I've never heard of players requesting this or wanting this...so how did this come about? I see you posed the question and about 1.5 people responded positively and it was decided?

Anyway, I obviously would vote against it but if ultimately it is your intention to remove selectively checking mucked hands and trying to do it for every hand, then it seems like a much better implementation would be to just copy the way the third-party tools are doing it. Why not just display it/overlay it to the players who are at the table after the hand? By flipping cards you are not only sharing muck with all, you are now providing NEW info to observers that they never would have had or should have.

Additionally, overlaying instead of flipping cuts down on any potential confusion or interruption to game-flow with having to see multiple hands turned over every single hand,
By WPN-Rep12
ACRUSER1 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:16 am No other cardroom online or live does this, and I've never heard of players requesting this or wanting this...so how did this come about? I see you posed the question and about 1.5 people responded positively and it was decided?

Anyway, I obviously would vote against it but if ultimately it is your intention to remove selectively checking mucked hands and trying to do it for every hand, then it seems like a much better implementation would be to just copy the way the third-party tools are doing it. Why not just display it/overlay it to the players who are at the table after the hand? By flipping cards you are not only sharing muck with all, you are now providing NEW info to observers that they never would have had or should have.

Additionally, overlaying instead of flipping cuts down on any potential confusion or interruption to game-flow with having to see multiple hands turned over every single hand,
Just to be clear:
* This only applies on showdown: currently you can see villains cards from showdown by re-playing the hand in the replayer, just not at the table. We are simply removing the extra step.

* You still have the option to muck you hand on any other street or fold.
By ACRUSER1
WPN-Rep12 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:42 pm
ACRUSER1 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:16 am No other cardroom online or live does this, and I've never heard of players requesting this or wanting this...so how did this come about? I see you posed the question and about 1.5 people responded positively and it was decided?

Just to be clear:
* This only applies on showdown: currently you can see villains cards from showdown by re-playing the hand in the replayer, just not at the table. We are simply removing the extra step.

Right - I clearly understand that.

How does that refute my points about:

1. Providing showdown info to observers now as well? You are saying you are only bringing the muck to the forefront for all players at table, but you are actually providing additional NEW info to observers who previously had no access to mucked hands.

2. The interruption to game flow and the "Slowroll-esque effect"/interruption to game-flow of having cards flipped over every hand. While I trust that there are many players who don't mind no muck, I can assure you that ZERO players want to sweat out cards being flipped over every single hand to see if they won.

If instead, you simply copy the way third party tools do it now, by overlaying mucked cards onto the table after the hand you:
a. Bring mucked cards to everyone at the table as you intend
b. Keep same behavior and flow by avoiding having to flip cards and sweat out wins every hand
c. Provide no additional info to observers

Why flip when you can do the above?
By BKN
I'm not sure if this is already being discussed, but have you considered removing the option to open new cash games as long as there available seats at a given stake/game type?

This new anti script policy taken by only be able to observe 1 table can have merits, but the lobby needs to be controlled too.
By allowing only one new game per stake at the time, and perhaps introducing a policy where you canot camp at the table without playing when 3 or more players are seated, you make table starting very fluent (maybe you already have this rule, but is something i see costantly without anyone reporting it).
You could even put some incentive for players to start tables (random ideas, more points for 3handed hands, or less rake).
This is something already implemented on other succesfull poker site, and it seems to work well.
By ACR Rep
ACRUSER1 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:12 pm

Just to be clear:

1. Providing showdown info to observers now as well? You are saying you are only bringing the muck to the forefront for all players at table, but you are actually providing additional NEW info to observers who previously had no access to mucked hands.

2. The interruption to game flow and the "Slowroll-esque effect"/interruption to game-flow of having cards flipped over every hand. While I trust that there are many players who don't mind no muck, I can assure you that ZERO players want to sweat out cards being flipped over every single hand to see if they won.

If instead, you simply copy the way third party tools do it now, by overlaying mucked cards onto the table after the hand you:
b. Keep same behavior and flow by avoiding having to flip cards and sweat out wins every hand

You are talking about "every hand". Folds are every hand. Showdowns are quite infrequent. We're not showing every folded hand. We're showing hands that make it to a showdown.

The display of showdown hands will happen after the pot is awarded: no sweating.

The display of showdown hands to observers: I hadn't considered that. I agree. Let's make it so only those at the table get this information.
By ACRUSER1
ACR Rep wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:07 am
ACRUSER1 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:12 pm

Just to be clear:

You are talking about "every hand". Folds are every hand. Showdowns are quite infrequent. We're not showing every folded hand. We're showing hands that make it to a showdown.

The display of showdown hands will happen after the pot is awarded: no sweating.

The display of showdown hands to observers: I hadn't considered that. I agree. Let's make it so only those at the table get this information.
Sorry - obv get it's just showdowns. Should have said every showdown instead of every hand.

OK great - sounds good that it will be shown after awarding pot. And thumbs up on changing to show to players seated only :)
Americas Cardroom welcome package