We love poker. Come be a part of it.

By sncreg
Clearly the worldwide online poker agenda is to get rid of regs. Well done it's worked.
By Joe
Oh, really?
I thought it's just temporary until prize pool is gonna allow for higher top prize?
If not, it makes no point in competing for $500 weekly and race will die.
I guess, room will lose a lot of rake paid on this.
By BabyByeByeBye
Personally, even as a reg I find this change to be for the better. More people will get the $500 payout and nearly 300 people will get $125. Even on low volume weeks I'll get $125 now and will almost always get at least 250 and some weeks will get 500. I think overall my average weekly payout goes up with this change. Getting to the $1250 mark is so daunting for most people they don't even attempt to do it. The $500 tier now seems attainable for more people and the new $250 tier is very attainable and will get people who used to get $50 every week to play more and potentially get to the $250 tier.

There is no way this decreases the rake intake, simply because higher payouts are more realistic for people who only have 10-15 hours a week to dedicate to poker.
By sncreg
BabyByeByeBye wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:48 pm Personally, even as a reg I find this change to be for the better. More people will get the $500 payout and nearly 300 people will get $125. Even on low volume weeks I'll get $125 now and will almost always get at least 250 and some weeks will get 500. I think overall my average weekly payout goes up with this change. Getting to the $1250 mark is so daunting for most people they don't even attempt to do it. The $500 tier now seems attainable for more people and the new $250 tier is very attainable and will get people who used to get $50 every week to play more and potentially get to the $250 tier.

There is no way this decreases the rake intake, simply because higher payouts are more realistic for people who only have 10-15 hours a week to dedicate to poker.
You couldn’t have it more wrong.

First of all 60 people got paid 125 last week. Secondly, no tier is any easier to reach than before, the same amount of points and hours are required to reach each level, only those levels are now halved in prize. Only a handful of extra places are being paid as well.

And as you can see tonight, everyone’s said bye bye 👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽
By BabyByeByeBye
sncreg wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:52 pm
BabyByeByeBye wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:48 pm Personally, even as a reg I find this change to be for the better. More people will get the $500 payout and nearly 300 people will get $125. Even on low volume weeks I'll get $125 now and will almost always get at least 250 and some weeks will get 500. I think overall my average weekly payout goes up with this change. Getting to the $1250 mark is so daunting for most people they don't even attempt to do it. The $500 tier now seems attainable for more people and the new $250 tier is very attainable and will get people who used to get $50 every week to play more and potentially get to the $250 tier.

You couldn’t have it more wrong.

First of all 60 people got paid 125 last week. Secondly, no tier is any easier to reach than before, the same amount of points and hours are required to reach each level, only those levels are now halved in prize. Only a handful of extra places are being paid as well.

And as you can see tonight, everyone’s said bye bye 👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽
Just coming back to this thread. I see the confusion here, I was referring to the cash game board because that's what I play, you're talking about the tournament board. I think the change was made with cash players in mind since we pay far more rake.
By sncreg
I was talking about the leaderboard the thread title refers to.
Americas Cardroom welcome package