PokerOrg Runner Runner Terms & Conditions
PokerOrg Runner Runner Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (“Runner Runner Conditions”) shall apply to the Poker.Org Running Runner competition (the “Competition”), which is promoted solely by Poker.Org (“Promoter”). By entering the Competition, entrants acknowledge and agree to abide by the Runner Runner Conditions.
1. Eligibility Criteria
1.1Entrants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
(i) not currently hold a PokerStars Platinum Pass;
(ii) be at least 18 years old
(iii) be willing and able to travel to the Bahamas in January 2023
(iv) not be an employee, consultant, or immediate family member of the promoter or prize provider
(v) not working as a casino or card room employee in the casino or card room in which the Runner is finally identified and engaged to end the promotion
2. Runner Runner dates
2.1 The Runner Runner promotion begins November 28, 2022 at 12:01am ET and ends December 16 at 11:59pm in the timezone in which The Runner finishes
3. The Runner
3.1 The Runner is an adult chosen by the staff of the Promoter who has agreed to abide by the rules set forth in the promotion and compete in the promotion fairly and honestly
3.2 The Runner will sign a nondisclosure agreement binding the signer from disclosing details of the the promotion to anyone outside the Promoter
4. The Winner
4.1 There will be one Winner. The Winner is the first person to correctly identify and engage The Runner in the method set out under the Runner Runner rules.
4.2 The Winner will be awarded a PokerStars Platinum Pass (“Prize”).
4.2 The Winner acknowledges that in addition to meeting all criteria set out in the Runner Runner Conditions, the Winner must also comply with all terms & conditions of the PokerStars Platinum Pass (“PS Terms”) which are provided at Annex 1 to claim the Prize.
4.4 The Promoter is solely responsible for the administration of the Competition, selection of the Winner and award of the Prize. The Prize Provider (as defined in Annex 1) shall have no liability in respect of the Competition in contract, tort or otherwise .
5.1 All employees of the Promoter and its group companies and their immediate family members are ineligible to participate in Runner Runner
5.3 All employees of the prize provider and its group companies and their immediate family members are ineligible to take part in Runner Runner
5.4 Anyone who is barred from PokerStars or from participating in PSLive sponsored events is ineligible to participate in Runner Runner
6. Rules and enforcement
6.1 The official Runner Runner rules will be posted on Poker.org and govern the conduct of The Runner and The Winner.
6.2 The Promoter will serve as the sole judge and arbiter of all disputes, and all Promoter decisions are final
6.3 In the event the Runner Runner rules do not resolve a question, dispute, or otherwise unforeseen development, Poker.org will rule in accordance within the framework of the Tournament Directors Association rule which states: “The best interest of the game and fairness are top priorities in decision-making. Unusual circumstances occasionally dictate that common-sense decisions in the interest of fairness take priority over technical rules.”
7. Other requirements
7.1 The promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this Competition at any time without notice, including in the event of any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or in any other event outside of the Poker.org’s control, and the Poker.org shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these Special Terms, and such change shall be effective immediately upon posting them on Poker.org
The defined terms used in the Runner Runner Conditions shall apply in this Annex 1 unless otherwise stated. The Prize Provider is TSG Platforms (Ireland) Limited (Prize Provider).
- The Winner:
a) agrees to be bound by the PokerStars Live and PSLive System Terms & Conditions located on www.pokerstarslive.com (PS Live T&Cs).
b) confirms they meet eligibility criteria set out in the terms supplied by Poker.org.
- Proof of identification, age and address may be required at the request of the Promoter and/or the Prize Provider and Prize Provider reserves the right to conduct any ID and security checks it sees fit to confirm the Winner complies with all eligibility requirements.
Platinum Pass Prize
- and expenses for the Winner
Platinum Pass Prize Terms & Conditions
- www.pokerstarslive.com (Platinum Pass T&Cs) will apply to the Prize in addition to these PS Terms. If there is any conflict between the Platinum Pass T&Cs and these PS Terms, these PS Terms shall prevail.
- Winner and their companion will be solely responsible for any travel and other expenses and charges exceeding US$1900 and Prize Provider will not be liable to reimburse the Winner/their companion for, any such additional charges and expenses.
- Winner and their companion to check any requirements for the airline, hotel, event venue and any other supplier providing elements of the Prize. The Winner and their companion are bound by, and must comply with, any terms and conditions set out on their event and airline tickets and the rules, regulations, requirements and policies of the airline, hotel, event venue, event promoter and any other supplier connected with the Prize. Prize Provider is not responsible for any failure of the Winner and/or their companion to gain entry or re-entry to the airline, hotel and/or event, or to participate in any element of the Prize, due to any action/inaction on the part of the Winner and/or their companion.
- Winner and their companion to check and ensure that they satisfy all security requirements in relation to travel (including all requirements relating to passports and other documentation). Prize Provider has no liability if the Winner and/or their companion is refused entry because they do not satisfy such requirements and the Winner/their companion are solely responsible for all costs associated with refused entry.
- Winner and their companion to check any travel advisories relating to the travel destination and to determine what action to take in relation to any such advisories. Prize Provider has no liability if the Winner/their companion do not make such checks, if they choose to travel despite the advice given in any relevant advisory or if they choose not to travel on the advice given in any relevant advisory (in which case Prize Provider will not be obliged to offer a substitute prize).
- Winner and their companion to check whether any vaccinations and/or prescription medicines are recommended or required prior to travel and Prize Provider has no liability in this respect.
- Winner and their companion to take out their own travel insurance in connection with the Prize. Prize Provider will have no liability for any failure by the Winner and/or their companion to take out travel insurance and/or to comply with the terms and conditions of their travel insurance policy.
- Winner is unable to use/take part in any element of the Prize, for any reason beyond Prize Provider’s reasonable control, Prize Provider is not obliged to offer an alternative Prize or any cash alternative or compensation. If the Winner is unable to attend PSPC Bahamas, the entire Prize package will be forfeited and the Winner will be required to refund to Prize Provider the US$1900 immediately on demand (if Prize Provider has paid such amount to the Winner in advance).
- Winner and their companion must not do anything that may bring the Prize Provider, any of its group companies or its commercial partners into disrepute. Prize Provider reserves the right to take appropriate action (including the removal of any element of the Prize) if the Winner and/or their companion act in a way that Prize Provider reasonably considers to bring the Prize Provider, any of its group companies or its commercial partners into disrepute.
- The Prizes may be replaced with a substitute prize of equal or greater value, if circumstances beyond Prize Provider’s control make it necessary to do so.
What else does the Winner need to know?
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Prize Provider does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, theft, injury or disappointment caused or suffered by the Winner participant as a result of participating in the Competition, or winning or not winning the Prize (except that Prize Provider will be liable for death or personal injury arising from Prize Provider’ negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation).
- These PS Terms shall be governed by English law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of these PS Terms does not affect or impede the continued validity, legality and enforceability of the remainder of these PS Terms.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable, and shall not be given, assigned, sold to or exchanged with any other person(s).