A few weeks ago, we updated the Super Bowl odds at the Winning Poker Network Sportsbooks. Now, we are updating them once again but with a different twist.
We’re comparing how the odds stack up against the June 1st Power Rankings of respected NBC and Pro Football Talk writer Peter King.
Below are the new top-10 Super Bowl favorites, along with King’s rankings in parenthesis
1. Kansas City Chiefs (+527) – Peter King (1)
2. Baltimore Ravens (+527) – Peter King (2)
3. San Francisco 49ers (+841) – Peter King (4)
4. New Orleans Saints (+1154) – Peter King (3)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+1306) – Peter King (5)
6. Seattle Seahawks (+1810) – Peter King (6)
7. Dallas Cowboys (+1876) – Peter King (9)
8. Indianapolis Colts (+1962) – Peter King (14)
9. Buffalo Bills (+2215) – Peter King (13)
10. Cleveland Browns (+2418) – Peter King (24)
As you can see, the top six teams are very similar, with only San Francisco and New Orleans flip-flopped. After that is where things start to go in different directions.
According to King, Cleveland is overvalued in these +2418 odds. He has them ranked as the No. 24 team overall coming off a 6-10 season. I think No. 24 is way too low, but also that No. 10 (according to the odds) is way too high. Somewhere around No. 15 seems right.
A couple of teams that King thinks are undervalued in the odds are the Tennessee Titans (+3589) and Las Vegas Raiders (+10000). They’re his No. 7 and No. 8 ranked teams, respectively. I definitely agree with King about the Titans, who are coming off an AFC Title Game appearance and are bringing back their core. Las Vegas on the other hand, is nowhere near the 8th-best team in the league.