Wynn Las Vegas has confirmed that one of the brightest new poker series to debut in recent yeas, the Wynn Millions, will return in 2022 to the Wynn Poker Room. The 2022 edition of the series will run February 21 to March 20, 2022. The series will include 17 separate events, including a $10 million main event.
The inaugural edition of the Wynn Millions in 2021 ran in July, and featured Andrew Moreno winning that series $10 million main event for a career-best $1,406,106 payday. The debut Wynn Millions was created as part of the Wynn Summer Classic series. That series was upgraded to help fill the void created in Las Vegas’s normal busy summer poker schedule when the 2021 World Series of Poker was postponed until fall. The 2022 Wynn Millions, now its own series and moved to February and March, likely represents a permanent shift for the event.
The 2022 Wynn Millions offer at least $15 million in total prize pool guarantees, including the $10 million main event, which has a $10,000 buy-in. However, based on the huge turnouts for last year’s Wynn Millions and the more recent Wynn Fall and Winter Classics, this series may approach $20 million in total payouts.
The Wynn Millions main event begins on March 3 and runs through March 11. It will offer three separate starting days, in addition to several satellites earlier in the series allowing more players extra chances to qualify. The second largest guarantee of the series is for a $3,500 no-limit hold’em event begins as the main event concludes, on March 11. That event
Mystery bounty event returns
Also on tap in the Wynn Millions’ earliest days is a “mystery bounty” event. The format debuted at the Wynn as part of the Wynn Fall Classic and proved to be a huge success with players and fans alike. The bounty portion of the event begins on its second day, when all surviving players have a mystery bounty attached to their bustouts. Knocking out a player on Day 2 means getting a free draw from a drum full of varying prizes, with six-figure amounts for the top awards.
Wynn also arranged to have the random bounty draws live-streamed, which drew even more coverage and fan interest. The 2022 Wynn Millions $1,600 mystery bounty event also carries a $1.5 million guarantee. It begins on February 24 with the first of three Day 1 flights. The fun-filled Day 2 takes place on Sunday, February 27.
Here’s the complete 17-event 2022 Wynn Millions schedule:
Dates Event (Guarantee)
- Feb. 21 – $400 NLHE ($40,000)
- Feb. 22 – $400 Limit Omaha 8 or Better ($25,000)
- Feb. 22 – $400 NLHE ($40,000)
- Feb. 23 – $400 Seniors [age 50 and up] NLHE ($40,000)
- Feb. 24-27 – $1,600 Mystery Bounty NLHE ($1,500,000)
- Feb. 28-29 – $1,100 Seniors [age 50 and up] NLHE ($100,000)
- Mar. 3 – $400 Pot-Limit Omaha ($25,000)
- Mar. 3-11 – $10,000 Wynn Millions Main Event ($10,000,000)
- Mar. 8-9 – $1,600 PLO/NLHE ($100,000)
- Mar. 9-10 – $3,000 Six-Max NLHE ($200,000)
- Mar. 10-11 – $3,000 ‘$1K Bounty’ NLHE ($200,000)
- Mar. 11-14 – $3,500 NLHE ($2,000,000)
- Mar. 13 – $5,200 NLHE Progressive Bounty ($250,000)
- Mar. 14-16 – $400 NLHE ($100,000)
- Mar. 16th $400 NLHE ($40,000)
- Mar. 17-20 – $1,000 NLHE ($500,000)
- Mar. 20 – $550 NLHE ($50,000)
Further information can be found at the Wynn Poker Room’s online page for the series.
Featured image source: Wynn Poker Room