Atlantis casino management pulls accused break-in spree participant Jordan Saccucci from WSOP Paradise main event

Haley Hintze
Published by:
Posted on: December 11, 2023 7:40 am EST

Casino officials at the Atlantis Paradise Casino in the Bahamas, the venue for the ongoing WSOP Paradise series, have pulled Canada’s Jordan Saccucci from the main event. Saccucci’s removal occurred just days after he was arrested and charged, along with three others, with 68 crimes in connection with a spree of residential break-ins in the suburbs south and west of Toronto, Canada.

Saccucci, whose win in the 2022 EPT Prague main event was worth more than $900,000 was a fugitive from justice for several days before his arrest last week. He and his three alleged co-conspirators were the subject of a public call for information issued by the Halton Regional Police after raids on the four suspects’ residences resulted in the recovery of stolen property from nearly 30 home break-ins but produced no arrests.

Atlantis officials issued no statement regarding Saccucci’s removal from the Paradise main, though one outlet’s on-site report noted that the WSOP “abided” by the decision. Saccucci’s chip stack was also removed from action. Casino properties generally have the right to remove any customer from the property for any reason imaginable.

Bail conditions unclear

Whether or not Saccucci’s terms of release allow him to travel internationally remain unclear. In leaving the Paradise venue, Saccucci told PokerNews, “I would like you guys to follow up on this article and find out the details of my bail.”

PokerOrg reached out to the Halton Regional Police in an attempt to do that, and a police official responded, as expected, “For privacy reasons we wouldn’t be able to speak to conditions the court system may or may not impose on an accused or arrested person.” The official did refer to already published information, including the public call for information issued by the department.

The Halton official did not respond to another part of the inquiry regarding Saccucci’s claim that when he was arrested in 2021 in connection with a similar residential break-in spree, the charges were dropped, and two officers, Saccucci claimed, planted evidence and may have been disciplined. Charges can be dropped for any number of reasons whether or not a crime has occurred.

Saccucci did acknowledge his conviction in a another, similar break-in spree, with some of the same alleged co-conspirators, that occurred in 2015 and 2016. “Yes, I have a past but I’m sure everyone does,” he told PN. “I ain’t perfect but the truth is I haven’t been convicted for anything like this since 2016 which is seven years ago.” Historical criminal records in Ontario are not directly searchable onliine in the way that they are in some other international jurisdictions.

Featured image source: Halton Regional Police