Ah, Barcelona. The Spanish city is home to the Sagrada Familia, the Arc de Triomf, stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, and a regular stop of the European Poker Tour.
The EPT returns to Barna for two weeks of action both on and off the felt. As usual for the tour, there are buy-ins, games, and activities to please just about everyone.
Key tournament dates
As is standard, the festival starts with a few Estrellas Poker Tour (ESPT) dates to get the cards in the air.
- ESPT Main Event – August 21-27 – €1,100
- ESPT Cup – August 25-26 – €550
- ESPT High Roller – August 26-28 – €2,200
Some key dates for the prestigious EPT portion of the festival are the following:
- EPT Super High Roller – August 26-28 – €100,000
- EPT Main Event – August 27-September 3 – €5,500
- EPT Mystery Bounty – August 30-September 1 – €3,000
- EPT High Roller – September 1-3 – €10,300
Of course, those are only a few of the marquee events. With 63 events, tons of satellites, and daily tournaments running; there is no shortage of poker to satiate your need for on-the-felt action.
Though, if you’re looking to have a little fun outside of the casino while you’re there, Pokerstars is great at arranging events during the festival.
Enjoy the summer in Barcelona
Pokerstars has arranged several activities on a first-come, first-served basis. Catamarans, beach parties, bus tours, and more.
- Welcome drinks at Sofitel Hotel Blue Terrace on August 22 starting at 8 pm local time
- Catamaran brunch excursion on August 23, 26 & 31 – 11 am to 2 pm local time
- Player’s party at CDLC beach club on August 27 starting at 8 pm local time
- City Bus Tour, running every day of the event
All of those activities are completely free. Simply register with the PokerStars travel desk at the venue.
How to watch from home
If you’re left envious because you can’t make it to the Ciudad Condal, you can watch the action from the comfort of your home.
PokerStars will be streaming the action of various events every day on their YouTube channel starting on August 27 through September 3 when the EPT Main Event finishes.
Feature photo courtesy of Casino Barcelona