Phil Galfond’s life trajectory has, thus far, taken him from strength to strength.
From competing in no-limit Hold’em and pot-limit Omaha, both live and online, at the highest level, to coaching others via his Run It Once poker training site, to trying his hand at the operator side of the coin with Run It Once Poker. It’s safe to say, Galfond has dedicated most of his life to poker and pursuits within that community.
Now, Galfond is pivoting into the mindset growth and coaching space with today’s announcement of his upcoming Retreat & Mastermind Event.
Inspired by Roe, led by Galfond
Galfond states in the announcement that the inspiration for the new venture comes directly from Elliot Roe’s discontinued Control Room Mastermind. Notably, Roe has apparently already booked his spot in the upcoming course.
After attending several of Roe’s courses, and benefitting from them in a major way, Galfond decided to take on group-coaching clients. The process hasn’t been perfect, but Galfond loves it nonetheless.
In the announcement, Galfond writes, “I’ve loved being able to contribute to that mission of theirs on some level. While I feel I’ve been able to deliver some value in the “lecture” portions of our calls – where I share my insight into specific, prepared topics – what I really love is the depth and the conversations. Asking questions, answering questions, digging in.”
The course will take place from January 18th-22nd at a lavish, sprawling estate in Palm Springs, California. Those interested in attending need only apply and, if accepted, pony up either $7,500 for the General level or $10,000 for the VIP level.
Who should apply?
If you’re wondering whether Galfond’s course fits your needs, check out some of the initial criteria he shared in the post.
This is for you if are:
- A high-performer who has proven successful in your field.
- A life-long learner with a curiosity for personal growth and an eagerness to learn new skills, gain insights, and explore your potential.
- Willing to invest time, energy, and resources into your personal and career development journey.
- Open to connecting with like-minded individuals who share your passion for personal growth and self-discovery.
This is not for you if you are:
- Looking for instant solutions or shortcuts.
- Resistant to feedback or unwilling to share your weaknesses.
- Uncomfortable with vulnerability in a small group setting.
- Solely interested in networking. (While networking can be a valuable aspect of this experience, it won’t work well if it’s the only reason you’re there!)
- Expecting to passively absorb information without participation or engagement.