Scott Howard and the Pool House Syndicate

Mo Afdhal
Posted on: June 18, 2023 11:03 PDT

It's not an uncommon story, but it's always a good one. The home game winner takes a roll to Las Vegas for the World Series of Poker to play and represent the rest of the crew. Remember George Holmes? The 2021 Main Event runner-up made the run of a lifetime while repping for his home game. The stories are always heart-warming and serve as reminders of the good side of the game.

Well, there are home games and then there's Scott Howard's Perth, Western Australia-based Pool House Syndicate. This guy's game operates on a different level.

The best home game in Perth

Howard put together his home game back in 2015 and it's been running ever since, growing along the way. The players each pony up some cash and play weekly games across twenty-five to forty weeks of the year. The top three winners (tracked by a points system) take a $10,000 bankroll to Las Vegas to play in a couple different tournaments. Those that stay behind in Perth have a serious sweat to keep an eye on: the winners take 30% of any money they earn and the other 70% goes to the players back home.

And the generosity doesn't stop there. Howard used a sizable chunk of his own money to create the ultimate the pool house poker room in his backyard. From the sound of it, this might just be the best run home game in Australia! As Howard says, "If you're in Perth, and you're listening, mate, look me up."

If you're looking for more stories, click the button below to tap into PokerOrg's Instant Feed where you'll find up to the minute coverage of all the best stories coming out of the World Series of Poker.

Featured Image by Marin Tulard on Unsplash