If the phrase ‘needs no introduction’ fits anyone in poker, it’s Phil Hellmuth. So much has been written about the #1 WSOP bracelet winner – by fans, naysayers and poker writers, not to mention the man himself – that it’s sometimes easy to think we have him all figured out.
That’s why we recommend watching (or indeed listening to, if you prefer) the first edition of The Interview, PokerOrg’s in-depth conversation with the world’s greatest players. If you thought you knew everything about Phil Hellmuth, think again.
Sitting down with Craig Tapscott for an extended deep dive into his life, career, relationships and personal philosophy, Hellmuth shares untold revelations we’ve never heard before.
We’ve pulled out some highlights below, but don’t deny yourself the complete picture: hit play now to get the full experience.
Phil Hellmuth: Straight from the GOAT’s mouth
Hellmuth shares fresh stories and perspectives on his rise to poker success, the moments that made, challenged, and nearly broke him, and a philosophy of continuous personal growth. Watch above to hear all about…
- The epiphany he experienced at 23, which reset his life and led to WSOP glory
- His most memorable tournament experiences
- The friendly rivalries with Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan that drove all three to greater success
- His opinions on the likes of Daniel Negreanu, Doug Polk, Ike Haxton, Norman Chad and Shaun Deeb
- What it means to ‘see reality clearly’, and why some people aren’t equipped to do so
- Thoughts on his legacy in the poker world, and the ongoing quest for 24 WSOP bracelets
- What 95% of the world’s top players don’t understand about his game
Hellmuth has never been too shy to share, but to our mind he’s never been this open.
Come spend some time in the company of one of the greatest players the game has ever seen, and see a new side of one of poker’s genuine household names.