Thursday, 16th June. 2022 WSOP Day #11-17.
It has been a busy week since Jake Schindler won his first bracelet, touching off yet another discussion of how to deal with alleged cheats in poker.
Another week of action. Another three millionaires made. Another sixteen bracelets awarded — one of which was for online play). That brings us to a total for the series so far of 29 live bracelets and three online.
We saw Jonathan Cohen win his first bracelet with his dog at his side and K-9 in his hand. Adam Friedman didn’t manage to win the dealer’s choice again this year, but he did pick up a seven-card stud bracelet in Event #22. This is his fifth bracelet overall.
We also saw COVID continue to dominate headlines with more players coming down sick. Phil Hellmuth and our own Haley Hintze were among those who went down with the plague, though both are now recovered and back on the floor at Bally’s.
Wash your hands, get the jab, wear a mask, and stay safe out there, folks.
New bracelet winners
|FT Date||Event Name||Player Name||Payout|
|Fri, June 10||Event #14: $1,500 6-Handed No-Limit Hold’em||Leo Soma||$456,889|
|Sat, June 11||Event #15: $10,000 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better Championship||Daniel Zack||$440,757|
|Sat, June 11||Event #17: $2,500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball||Bryan Schultz||$330,057|
|Sun, June 12||Event #16: $3,000 No-Limit Hold’em||Stefan Lehner||$558,616|
|Sun, June 12||Event #20: $1,500 Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw||Denis Nesterenko||$108,250|
|Sun, June 12||[Online] $400 No-Limit Hold’em Ultra Deepstack||Brian “JackBogle” Altman||$110,662|
|Mon, June 13||Event #19: $25,000 Pot-Limit Omaha High Roller||Tong Li||$1,467,739|
|Mon, June 13||Event #22: $10,000 Seven Card Stud Championship||Adam Friedman||$248,254|
|Tue, June 14||Event #23: $3,000 Limit Hold’em 6-Handed||Jeremy Ausmus||$142,147|
|Tue, June 14||Event #24: $1,000 FLIP & GO No-Limit Hold’em||Christopher Chatman||$187,770|
|Tue, June 14||Event #25: $800 No-Limit Hold’em Deepstack||Rajaee Wazwaz||$358,346|
|Wed, June 15||Event #21: $1,500 Monster Stack No-Limit Hold’em||Mike Jukich||$966,577|
|Wed, June 15||Event #26: $10,000 Limit Hold’em Championship||Jonathan Cohen||$245,678|
|Thu, June 16||Event #27: $1,500 Shootout No-Limit Hold’em||Michael Simhai||$240,480|
|Thu, June 16||Event #28: $50,000 Pot-Limit Omaha High Roller||Robert Cowen||$1,393,816|
|Thu, June 16||Event #29: $1,500 No-Limit 2-7 Lowball Draw||Maxx Coleman||$127,809|
WSOP coverage on Poker.org
Previous WSOP round-ups:
- 2022 WSOP Day #1: the $100k high roller and staff events kick series off.
- 2022 WSOP Days #2-6: First bracelets awarded, color up error delays event.
- 2022 WSOP Day #7-9: COVID hits the World Series of Poker
- 2022 WSOP Day #10: cheating accusations overshadow Jake Schindler’s first bracelet win
- Daniel Negreanu dealt with a stalker threatening him over a “secret family.”
- Haley Hintze did a round of up of her photography up to day 14 of the series.
- Scott Seiver fired 43 bullets in one event.
- Phil Hellmuth recovered from COVID and hit the tables again.
- Brett Blackwood gifted his WSOP bracelet to his father.
- Haley Hintze did another round of up of her photography up to day 17 of the series.
Featured image source: Haley Hintze