GGPoker announced this week that its popular Bounty Hunter Series will run from April 9th through to May 2nd. As with previous iterations, the series guarantees at least $50,000,000 in prizes across all events with buy-ins as low as $5 and satellites starting at $1.
The series is highlighted by six Showdown events, including the flagship Main Event.
- Showdown #1: Secret Bounty Opener $105 – $100K top bounty – Sunday, April 9th – $1M GTD
- Showdown #2: High Noon Omaholic High Roller $525 – Sunday, April 16 – $250K GTD
- Showdown #3: Mystery Bounty Mini Main $25 – $100K Top Bounty [Final Stage] – Monday, April 17 – $1.5M GTD
- Showdown #4: Sunday Hundred Grand Special Edition $15 – Sunday, April 23 – $200K GTD
- Showdown #5: Global MILLION$ Bounty $50 [Final Stage] – Sunday, April 23 – $1M GTD
- Showdown #6: Mystery Bounty Main Event $210 – $500K Top Bounty – Final Stage Monday, May 1 – $5,000,000 GTD
“GGPoker’s guaranteeing at least $50 million in prizes in this edition of Bounty Hunters Series, which features some of the biggest mystery bounty tournaments ever scheduled,” said Paul Burke, Head of PR at GGPoker.
Bounty format breakdown
For those unclear on how exactly the bounty tournament formats work, here’s a quick debrief.
In progressive bounty tournaments, players win prizes every time they eliminate a player from the competition. The bounty prizes collected are an addition to the standard prize money. The bounty prizes grow bigger as the tournament progresses; when eliminating players that have KO’d multiple opponents, the bounty prize will be far more significant.
In mystery bounty tournaments, each player’s buy-in splits 50/50 with half going to the prize pool and the other half to the bounty pool. The tournament play divides into phases, with Phase 1 played like a normal tournament with no bounties awarded for eliminations. In the Final Stage, the bounties come into play, and each knockout rewards a random mystery bounty.
Sign up with GGPoker and get $50 in free tournament tickets and a matched deposit bonus up to $600.