The annual Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) returns this May for its 15th edition. The series runs from May 7th to the 31st with plenty of action across the schedule.
Each year, players across the world clear their calendars to take part in SCOOP, and with $75 million up for grabs in guarantees, this iteration of the series should be no exception. SCOOP 2023 features a 121-event schedule with an additional $300,000 in added value through the SCOOP Fast Track.
PokerStars will host tournaments at Low, Medium, and High buy-in levels, starting from just $2.50 and going as high as $25,000. There are six Main Events, both NLH and PLO, on the schedule for May 28th. These events alone boast a combined guarantee of $12.5 million.
- $2,000,000 GTD No-Limit Hold’em Main Event Low – $109 buy-in
- $4,000,000 GTD No-Limit Hold’em Main Event Medium – $1,050 buy-in
- $5,000,000 GTD No-Limit Hold’em Main Event High – $10,300 buy-in
- $200,000 GTD Pot Limit Omaha Main Event Low – $109 buy-in
- $500,000 GTD Pot Limit Omaha Main Event Medium – $1,050 buy-in
- $800,000 GTD Pot Limit Omaha Main Event High – $10,300 buy-in
Following its debut during SCOOP 2022, the Women’s Events will return to the schedule. The success of last year’s events was undeniable–garnering over 1,700 entries in total. The events on the 2023 schedule guarantee players $34,000 across three events.
PokerStars Ambassador, Georgina “GJReggie” James said, “SCOOP is one of the biggest online events of the year and it’s great to see that women’s events will be featured on the schedule again. 2022 was the first time they were introduced, and I think they proved a success.”
- $4,000 GTD Women’s SCOOP Event Low – $5.50 buy-in
- $10,000 GTD Women’s SCOOP Event Medium – $22 buy-in
- $20,000 GTD Women’s SCOOP Event High – $109 buy-in
As always, event winners receive a prestigious SCOOP trophy for their efforts. Players can also compete for an additional $100,000 in cash prizes via the Low, Medium, High, and Overall leaderboards, as well as the highly-coveted Player of the Series title. The winners of each of these leaderboards receive trophies as well. In 2022, Patrick ‘pads1161’ Leonard won both the Overall leaderboard and the Medium leaderboard.
There are various qualification routes available to SCOOP players this year. These events offer players a more affordable way to get in on the action.
- SCOOP Fast Track – There’s $300,000 to win in Fast Track satellite events throughout the series. Players can qualify for the Main Events from just $1.50 by progressing through the four steps of the Fast Track. The option to buy-in at any of the four steps is available, with Main Event entries awarded after Step Four.
- Special Edition Spin & Gos – Starting next week, special edition Spin & Gos will go live on PokerStars. Players can win SCOOP tickets via $0.50, $4, and $20 Spin & Gos.
PokerStars’ Poker Commercial Director, Scott Goodall said, “We know that SCOOP is a time of year that the poker community set aside as there is so much to play for at all levels. Now with the full schedule released we hope our players can join in our excitement and make plans whether that’s to become a SCOOP champion or to follow the action and watch many be crowned this spring.”
The full schedule is live now at PokerStars Blog.