It’s been 13 years since the World Series of Poker has visited London, England, but that drought will end in late July, when the WSOP London Super Circuit stop arrives. Running from July 27 through August 13, 2023, the series will be held at London’s JW Marriott Grosvenor House Hotel in London’s Mayfair district.
The series, which was first announced in April, features an expanded schedule including 15 official Circuit ring events. The London series will be run in partnership with GGPoker, which has guaranteed at least 200 seats for online qualifiers into the stop’s £3,000 + £300 main event. Overall the London Super Circuit stop will offer more than £7 million in tournament guarantees.
The WSOP and GGPoker offer these as the series’ highlights:
- Event 1 – Mystery Million, $1 million guaranteed, July 27 – August 1, £500 + £60 buy-in
- Event 2 – Pot Limit Omaha, £50,000 guaranteed, July 28, £1,000 + £100 buy-in
- Event 3 – Colossus, £200,000 guaranteed, July 31 – August 2, £400 + £50 buy-in
- Event 4 – Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo, £50,000 guaranteed, July 31, £1,000 + £100 buy-in
- Event 8 – WSOP Circuit Main Event, £1 million guaranteed, August 4 – 8, £1,000 + £100 buy-in
- Event 9 – High Roller, £250,000 guaranteed, August 7 – 8, £2,000 + £200 buy-in
- Event 11 – WSOP Super Circuit Main Event £3 million guaranteed, August 8 – 13, £3,000 + £300 buy-in
- Event 13 – High Roller, £500,000 guaranteed, August 12 – 13, £5,000 + £300 buy-in
- Event 15 – Super High Roller £500,000 guaranteed, August 13, £10,000 + £400 buy-in
The series also includes Monster Stack, Seniors, and Ladies events, plus one of GGPoker’s special “Flip & Go” tourneys. A turbo knockout event is also on the schedule.
One point emphasized by GGPoker and the WSOP is that the JW Marriott Grosvenor House Hotel is a cashless venue, though a cash sign-up desk is available at the Dusk till Dawn club in Nottingham. Otherwise, players may register for events through these options:
- E-Wallet payment partner Luxon Pay
- Debit card deposits via Luxon Pay
- Bank Wire – please contact the team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online through the GGPoker lobby
“As the game of poker continues to span the globe, we are thrilled to bring some WSOP action back to London and the United Kingdom,” said World Series of Poker Vice President, Gregory Chochon. “With a world-class venue, passion for the game, and a fantastic partner in GGPoker, the WSOP Super Circuit London has all the makings of being a home run.”
The Mayfair venue also offers players plenty of nearby touristy options when not at the tables. The WSOP/GGPoker release notes Hyde Park, Bond Street, Knightsbridge, Regent Street, Buckingham Palace, V&A, the Natural History and Science museums, and the West End among the area’s attractions.
Featured image source: WSOP